|RALEIGH – As nights grow longer and days get shorter, the N.C. Department of Transportation is offering important safety tips to keep your family safe as the seasons change. Remember to:|
- Always watch for children
- Look out for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Remember to always wear reflective gear while biking or running
- Drivers should share the road with bicyclists and pedestrians
- Be aware of deer and wildlife
- Pay attention when driving near wood-lined areas
- Stay alert as wildlife are most active at dusk and dawn ‘
- Use your headlights during morning and evening hours
- If you are in doubt, keep your headlights on
- Remember to turn on your headlights when using your windshield wipers
- Follow simple photo safety rules
- For your safety and others, never take pictures while driving
- While often inviting, never take pictures on train tracks or bridges
- Always buckle up Every person.
- Every seat. Every time.
For more information on all these programs and initiatives, visit the safety page on NCDOT.gov/.